1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Dungy: Michael Vick wants another chance

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, May 13, 2009.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4164165

Whoop de fucking doo. Everybody's innocent.

I mean, sure, he's a brutal sadistic law-evading thug, but he wants another chance. ::) ::)

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, we all want a lot of things.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

St. Tony grants absolution to Vick, blessed be the name of the coach.
    The Coach is my Sheppard, I shall not want

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How is someone who just finished serving his sentence "law-evading"?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

well he spent quite some time trying to keep from getting caught in the first place (despite the fact of being guilty), and his lawyers spent a lot of time trying to get him out of the most serious charges he was facing (he was guilty of all of them, of course).

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I assume he is really saying that Vick is black, wears corn rows and was a meanie to dogs and therefore he deserves to be put in front of a shooting gallery.

Of course, unlike a lot of the low-life degenerate assholes and criminals who are in ALL FOUR of the major professional sports --- he actually has, you know, paid his debt to society and served his time.

And if guys like Leonard Little, who actually killed A PERSON, can get a second chance, certainly Vick deserves one.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I can't argue with that. Get ready to hear "playing sports is a privilege and he doesn't deserve it!" or some variation a zillion times if he returns to the NFL, CFL or wherever, but the fact is he has the right to make a living again and the best way he can in sports (teaching rocket science is probably out of the question).

And we all know that someone is going to give him a chance.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The accusation of racism there is a serious reach, but the comparison to Little is a very good one. Not only did he kill another human being while DUI, he got arrested for driving drunk again and still got to carry on playing in the NFL.

9. zagoshe

Again, if we are going to draw the line at Vick in terms of not giving second chances, given his crime -- which was disgusting and deserved to be punished but was still cruelty to animals, not humans -- there are a whole lot of guys in every league who should be put out on the streets before dawn.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He had his chance.

Of course, Dungy and Vick's rehabilitators naturally assume that the schmuck can still even play. They tend to forget he wasn't such hot shit back when he was abusing animals.

11. zagoshe

There is all kinds of fail in this.

Please tell me what his record was as a starting quarterback -- and with mostly a horse shit team.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Oh, please.

I'm not getting into this with you.

All parties have moved on quite well -- the sad sack Falcons, the league, the fans. He has not been missed.

Draft saved Draft deleted