1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 13, 2010.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I would french-kiss Ms. Chenoweth if she had a mouthful of onions.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

High points of the evening, given that the remainder was as bad a Tony show as I can remember.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Catherine Zeta-Jones. WTF??? Possibly the worst performance of "Send in the Clowns" (which ain't hard to sing, folks) made even worse by the bizarre head movements throughout. Ye Gods.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What can you say but send in the clowns.

5. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Everyone was thanking their "partner."

Can't anyone do any work alone nowadays? Geez.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Was that mannered enough? Yuk.

Not to mention that unless I miss my guess, CZJ is a walking "advertisement" for
    Botox.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Yeah, there was one close-up when she threw her head back, and with those huge fake eyelashes she looked like Norma Desmond. Either she had a really, really bad night, or I can't understand why she'd get good reviews, much less nominated.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

NPR had an interesting feature pegged to the Tonys Sunday on understudies. Especially interesting was the person who understudied Alfred Molina in Red, a two-person play. He said he never expects to fill in for Molina, but valued the experience to learn from him and if the time came to fill in for him, he would welcome the disappointed groans from the audience when they realized they wouldn't be seeing Molina.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Wow. That's just solid. Skewed angle on the Tonys, very well done. Nice catch, Dano.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127602015

Draft saved Draft deleted