1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Awards 2011

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yup but I would check when his last performance is going to be. He's probably going to have to start shooting season 5 of Big Bang Theory soon.

Anyone seen Memphis? I really want to see that one as well. Looks like a ton of fun.

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I called my daughter, who is an HP geek, into the room for that number. She knew right away he was an HP actor, but refused to believe for a while that he was Radcliffe.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We saw Memphis in December right before Christmas - lucked out and all the "stars" were in the show. Had a great time. Very well done, lots of fun. Montego Glover is something else.

4. Wenders

AH Anything Goes. I was in this show my senior year of high school. Go if you ever get the chance. It's classic Cole Porter with a HILARIOUS script to boot.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Journalism topics only is up next.

Carlton Banks and Printdust want to know why Politics cut cut from the show.

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Broadway is too expensive for New Yorkers to support. They must have tourists. Too often, "tourists" translates as bluehairs from Omaha.

The Book of Mormon is a musical that 28-year-olds from Chicago will pay to go to. Broadway has to be thrilled about it.

7. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

OK, this is nuts but ...

Rapid-fire delivery of intricate rhyme schemes? Some Ph.D. candidate somewhere is going to write a thesis tracing American popular music from Cole Porter to hip-hop.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Happy for anything goes but they thanked everyone except Cole Porter. Granted he's dead, but kudos are DUE.

9. Wenders

I think Sutton Foster was so hysterical by the end that she probably didn't even know her name.

I thought for sure that the second Book of Mormon nominee was going to win.

10. Wenders

"If you had told me I would miss the best basketball game EVER to hang out with Nathan Lane, I would have said you were crazy!" - Chris Rock

Oh, and imagine that. Book of Mormon wins. And they thanked Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon church. HILARIOUS.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Like taking a hooker to dinner.

I simply HAVE to see that show.

12. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

If you really want to see Book of Mormon and don't want to wait, I suggest getting standing room tickets. I did it in late April. The view is fantastic and you are right by the bar and can zip into the bathroom first at intermission.

We probably got in line at 5 p.m. for an 8 p.m. show. They started selling the tickets at 6:30. You can also enter the lottery at the same time.

The show was hilarious. Well worth standing for. And the SRO ticket was only like 30 bucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted