1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tonsilitis

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Apr 19, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

The first time's the best.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

In my experience, IJAG, if you ask and say you're in legitimate pain, they'll help you out.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Tried that. Both times. The dentist was even like 'try this, call back if it's not enough' and I called back the next day and they just said they'd look into it. After two more phone calls, they said the pain should be fading by then.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

5. Flash

Flash Guest

I yakked.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've had vicodin, demerol and morphine. I liked demerol the best. I liked it a little too much, in fact. After surgery, they fucking pushed that stuff on me. After three days, I cut them off and made them put me back on pills. I definitely see how one could develop an addiction to painkillers.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I screwed up my back pretty bad about 10 years ago. I went to the ER in the middle of the night and they gave me vcodin. I had never taken it. The next few days were some of my finest.

You yakked, Flash? Perhaps you're mistaking vicodin and shrooms. :D

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So what can I do to myself that will be covered by insurance and not permanently damage me but hurt me enough to need vicodin?

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Don't try too hard. Just let it happen.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Naw, I was fresh off boob surgery and that's what they handed me.

Now the Percoset they gave me before my hand surgery ... that stuff was the bomb. I have no memory of two full days.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

You know what works? To say, 'You know that damn Aleve, that shit is like a Life Saver to me.'

Then you get the good stuff.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Morphine made me sick.

Draft saved Draft deleted