1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tonight's Dem Debate - Ohio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Re: Tonight's Dem Debate

I agree with GB on this. I don't see how it's a sign on anything other than ... talking.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

And I have a huge problem with Obama saying he'd meet a Cuban leader IF...
    Henry, maybe I'm oversimplifying things, and maybe Hitler wasn't the best way to make the comparison, I am just dead set against Obama's approach to that.

3. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

That's a bad analogy considering the US didn't get into WWII until the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor while millions were being gassed to death in Germany.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, at the end of the day, I guess that's why your vote and mine will cancel each other out.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok, so why does talking with other leaders hurt us?

6. Re: Tonight's Dem Debate

Just watching this now. Glad to see Hillary is talking about issues and isn't attacking Obama. It suits her, though it's certainly too late.

I especially liked how she ignored the question that was begging her to criticize Obama and instead insisted on finishing about health insurance. It's an important issue and a good debate.

7. Re: Tonight's Dem Debate

Also gotta admit Hillary's healthcare plan sounds more practical. Obama's puts it on the parents. I'm sorry, but putting shit up to parents isn't the answer. Too many kids fall through the cracks - and will under his plan, even if it costs only $5 to insure a kid.

8. Hammer Pants

Therefore, we are nothing. Sad but true.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hold on. Are you guys in the same state?

10. Hammer Pants

I have no idea. I just hope Hej isn't a super delegate.

EDIT: I know Republicans don't have them. I was just joking.

11. Giggity

Giggity Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_Law

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Nazi atrocities were, shall we say, not broad public knowledge in this country in 1940-41.

There was a significant isolationist faction in the U. S. during that period, numbering among its most public adherents Charles Lindbergh and Joseph P. Kennedy.

Pearl Harbor was the international tipping point. The U. S. declared war on Germany and Italy four days later.

Draft saved Draft deleted