1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tonight...SJ.com favorites Paige Davis & Leslie Neilsen play The Price is Right

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, May 31, 2006.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Re: Tonight...SportsJournalists.com favorites Paige Davis & Leslie Neilsen play The Price is Ri

Famous Canadians don't die. They get Senate positions.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Re: Tonight...SportsJournalists.com favorites Paige Davis & Leslie Neilsen play The Price is Ri

He's one of the bidders now, though he's doing about as well as a dead man.

3. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

If there's one thing unifying rich, famous people and us weak, inferior, everyday workers, it's that we all love The Price is Right. What a classic. I just wish Rikki Lake wasn't hosting.

[​IMG]

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Anybody else think Paige had been sampling the Match Game vino?

5. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

cheese cracker.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Goddamn I wish I'd seen this. I live for the day Paige Davis tells me to come on down.

7. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

As a full-blown Price is Right junkie, I couldn't resist DVR'ing this. A few observations...

- Paige Davis bouncing up the stairs in 'fuck-me boots' to play Plinko... There is a God.

- They trotted out the A-List Barker Beauties. Good times.

- Everybody knows it's "Hole in One....... OR TWO," so where was the second putt attempt?

- Paige got screwed over royally on the Big Wheel. I swear to God they changed the rules in the middle of the game, and they rigged the wheel to get a tie score. Lame.

- Tim Meadows went from looks of "interested" to "bored" to "when do I get my check for doing this" with each passing segment.

- The random crowd shots with the B-list celebrities mixed in were awesome. I think I saw Carolla on screen three or four times before the last appearance on camera, where he abruptly got out of his seat and left.

- You forget how smooth Bob Barker is until you try to watch somebody else do his job. Ricki Lake was out of her (low-level) league. Watching this made me fear the day Bob is no longer doing the show. I just can't imagine anyone else walking through the big doors.

8. CitizenTino

Rod Roddy's replacement is Rich Fields, who (I think) was a weatherman at a local station in California before joining TPIR full-time. I think he's pretty good. They auditioned like four or five announcers after Rod died, with each getting to do the show for four or five weeks, and Fields was definitely the best of the group. FYI, he was the guy doing the announcing tonight if you happened to catch the show.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Only saw the end of this. Who were the Barker's Beauties?

10. CitizenTino

In Bob-speak, the Lovely Rachel, Shane and Lanisha.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not the threadjack, but when Bob Barker dies, who should take over the show full time? I know it's not realistic, but my ex wife and I always thought Adam Sandler would make a great host.

12. CitizenTino

I've got the DVD game, which is hosted by a guy named Todd Newton, who apparently does a live version of the show in Atlantic City. Wikipedia says there's a live version done in Vegas too, which is hosted by Newton and, sometimes, Roger Lodge.

Personally, I think when Bob Barker goes, so does the Price is Right. They might try to have somebody else host it for a while, but I just can't see that working for very long.

I can say this much: After watching last night, no way in hell should Ricki Lake expect any phone calls from TPIR's producers if they ever need a replacement.

Draft saved Draft deleted