1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tonight on MSNBC: To Catch An Adulterer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Jun 29, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You'd have to be an idiot to fuck around at the Ritz Manalapan. It's the post-work, neighborhood bar for 3/4s of the oldtimer reporters and editors at the Enquirer -- most of whom live in Manalapan, and have all of the staff at the Ritz on speed-dial, dating back to the pre-anthrax attack days when the NE's longtime HQ was directly across the bridge from the hotel.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

"Why are you sitting there shirtless in a stranger's house with a six-pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade, some cookies and condoms lying on the table? Do you see anything wrong with this?"

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This is one of the rare cases where irony is actually correct.

4. Did his mistress offer sweet tea?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That is some great insight.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"I'll be right out, I just have to finish laundry."

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nice to see he kiddie diddlers avenged every once in a while.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Karmic payback's a bitch, Chrissy. Was it good for you?
    We just ran a man out of Congress for less than this.

9. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

Karma? Payback?

So you're saying he deserves the humiliation of getting caught cheating on his wife because he's a host/reporter for a show that catches child molesters and puts them in jail?

I'd say he deserves the humiliation of getting caught simply because cheating is wrong. Not because he's part of an act to get scumbags off the streets.

Calling it payback almost sounds like you're rooting for justice for the creeps who got caught trying to bang little kids... edit: Which, I'm sure you aren't. I just don't see how "payback" works here. Maybe it takes him off his high horse. That should be the extent, I think.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Don't cha think?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It would be ironic if he was caught cheating by pedophile. But the National Enquirer may count.

12. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

OK... That's an angle on the "irony" thing that I can see. Glad someone explained it.

Draft saved Draft deleted