1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tonight - best night of sports - ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I did that, too, sir. I went to a Warped Tour concert in Camden, N.J., in August 2003 and left with a nasty hybrid of a cold and bronchitis. I took it back to school at the end of the month and carried it around until the end of September. All of my roommates were sick with it, a lot of my friends, a roommate's girlfriend and a friend of hers got it, too -- not to mention all the people I didn't know. ...

It turned out, I ended up dating that friend, and while we were talking, I told her about how sick I was and what I had and how all my friends got it, she stopped me and said, "So you're the asshole that got me sick?"

And I like you, too, Friend.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It'd be better than what I tasted from time to time. ...

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

ah, gotta love that communal college living. It's just a matter of time that the whole campus is sick, and as the first wave of people recovers, they catch what they spread. It's a wicked cycle.

4. Jeremy Goodwin

She licked shoes too?

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Now that's some funny shit, Mikey.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Unfortunately, no.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Indeed. And the worst part of my case was I brought it home over T'giving break and managed to get my Mom sick too. After break, I heard from some of my housemates who spread it to their families too. So we put up a chart in the house listing everybody who I had gotten sick. I forget the total count, but it was probably over 20 anyways.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I once got an ex-girlfriend sick with the flu (I didn't have any symptoms, but I still passed it on to her), who then passed it to her roommate, who passed it to her boyfriend, who passed it his mom and dad. The roommate passed it on to her sister, mom and dad, a few of her teachers and classmates.

It took a few months to come back around, but I finally got sick one weekend.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ever since playing HS tennis, I've always thought that there was no better form of the female than a female tennis player; the legs and buttocks are extraordinarily fit, as highlighted by Evert, Graf, Kornikova, Ivanovic, Sharapova, Hingis. Much better than the meatless models. Bring it on tonight. Luckily, I'm on PST so I get it live in 15 mins.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Here's lookin' at you, poindexter.

[​IMG]

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That net is really dirty.

12. Jeremy Goodwin

Yeah, I noticed that too. Yet for some reason I don't recall how the nets look in the photos of tonight's matches.

Draft saved Draft deleted