1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tonight (and for a while) NFL > MLB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Oct 27, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Curious why they don't have a retired ump as part of the post-season coverage.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Baseball should forever remain a game without clocks. Batters should not be allowed to leave the box once they step in and pitchers should be able to pitch as soon as they're ready. Simple as that. Batters start getting quick pitched and they'll adjust accordingly by not adjusting themselves so much. Batter steps outside the box, automatic strike against.

Watching Aaron Judge at bat is a goddamn pleasure, and not just because of his power. After a pitch, he sets up and gets ready for the next. No adjusting. No walking around. Just throw the damn ball and let me murder it.

maumann likes this.
  3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Another thing is runners should have to continue wearing whatever gear they had on at the plate. This "calling timeout to walk from second base back to first to hand off the gloves, elbow pads, shin guards and then put on the sliding glove" crap has got to stop.

maumann likes this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

You get my vote for the next baseball commissioner.

Wouldn't be awesome to do a Hawkeye Pierce -- just show up right in the middle of the next MLB Labor bargaining -- and demand "YOU'VE GOT TO STOP IT! THE SPORT IS DYING!"

I'd risk another criminal conviction for it.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

not when you go full consonance

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Hard no. Eliminates the spike.

Draft saved Draft deleted