1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tommy Tuberville Should Be Fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Anyone watch last nights game with Auburn up 14-3

So much for the Tony Franklin Spread O . They looked better out of the I

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Could be why he was fired two weeks ago.

Just a hunch.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

The players just never bought into it.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I saw Auburn up 17-3, too.

5. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I forgot the game was on, but then found it again when I was flipping channels and watched for a few seconds and looked at the score before I realized that I didn't really care about either team since I'm not an Auburn or West Virginia fan and changed the channel to watch the baseball game between the Rays and the Phillies which was only 2-0 at the time and was a far more interesting game than the football game in my opinion.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That sentence is flabbier than your namesake.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Tough crowd.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It looked like the team gave up to me. There wasn't one player hustling on that last touchdown for West Virginia. And Tuberville certainly left himself open to second-guessing. He's down 27-17 with four minutes left. He has all his timeouts left but didn't call one even though he needed two scores, and before West Virginia scored they burned another minute and a half off the clock. Of course, then they give up the touchdown and the point became moot. It just looked like he quit trying to win the game. If I were an Auburn fan, I'd be really pissed after this game. They're staring a five-win season right in the face.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Auburn leadership is out of its fucking mind if they're seriously considering letting him go.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The best thing he has going for him is that Colonial Bank stock has been in the toilet all year. But there has been some dry rot creeping into the program since the undefeated season, and it has shown up in the talent level this year.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm torn on Tubs. One season shouldn't be enough to fire someone, but good lord. It's getting pretty bad down there. As somone said above, his players quit last night. No doubt about it.

If anyone should go, it's the offensive line coach, but since he's boys with Tubs, doubtful that'll happen.

Tubs losing control.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

One of toughest things in putting in spread O is transisitioning O line to Spread Zone blocking scemes which tend to be more passive then the traditional drive blocking offenses.

It's been obvious all year that has been a problem for O Line.
    In light of circumstances I would give the O line coach a pass.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted