1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tommy Lasorda: 80 and still shoveling bullsh*t

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

"I thank God I was born a Dodger. Why, I remember this one time, it had to be 1959. Spring training. We were in spring training, a'raring to go when a car pulled up. A man ran out, yelling that his wife was pregnant and about to give birth. I'll never forget it!

"Duke, Sandy and I ran over. I told the man that I would catch the baby, just like I caught for Sandy when he threw on the side. You know, I always told him, 'Sandy, these guys can't can't touch you. Just believe in you.'

"Anyway, Duke, Sandy and I gave the lady our jerseys to use as blankets and we delivered that baby! It was such a great moment for us as a team that we all went for chocolate milkshakes at the Ol' Malt Shope."

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Really? That Tommy Lasorda? Surely you don't mean the same guy who spoke so kindly about Dave Kingman's three-homer game in 1976.

http://home.att.net/~syrpdblue/sound/kingman.wav

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

What the fuck do you mean, I'm bullshitting around.

What kind of fucking question is that?

PUT IT IN THE FUCKING PAPER, BYH, I SAID IT PUT IN THE MOTHERFUCKING PAPER!!!!

I don't give a fuck, BYH!! [/Tommy Lasorda] ;D

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A walking bag of shit, he is...

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Tommy Lasagna is a Hall of Fame manager. The 2000 Gold Medal run confirmed that for the final time.

He is also a guy who fashions himself an ambassador of the game.

He is also a guy who brought this Dodger fan a lot of great moments growing up, and who signed every autograph at my church's annual breakfast.

But most of all, he is an absolutely insufferable blowhard who has to be the only one who buys the bullcrap he is selling.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He still a fan of the fluff girls?

8. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

When he came up from Ft. Jackson to pitch textile league ball for the Goldville (now Joanna) Hornets on the weekends as a youngster, he was a mean-tempered lefty who would flip your butt at a moment's notice; had a decent curveball.

The visual everyone has now is that guy who looks like the carpenter in "The Walrus and the Carpenter", falling on his butt while coaching third at the All-star game. That's a shame. Sure, he's full of crap, but he's had a life.

9. part-timer

part-timer Member

But does he love his dead gay son? [/semiheathersjack]

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yup, the one he wouldn't talk to until he was dying of AIDS and Bobby Valentine convinced the old bastard that he had to make peace with the kid before he died.

The biggest fraud in baseball.

11. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

He was a great manager (I say that as a Dodger fan). Sadly, as spnited said, a big fraud.

He walked by me at the 2004 World Series and had this look on his face like anyone who approached him would be told to go fuck themselves.

12. part-timer

part-timer Member

I hate Tommy Lasorda [/Fletchjack]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.