1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tommy Craggs on Snyder, Hoppes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Tommy Craggs eviscerates "Senior ESPN Jonas Brothers Correspondent" Lynn Hoppes.

And I can't say it's undeserved.

http://deadspin.com/5841054/dan-snyder-is-saving-the-world-according-to-idiot

2. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Oooooo, I like it.

And I like this line a lot:
    So the biggest embarrassment in the NFL is getting free PR from the biggest embarrassment at ESPN (at least on days Craig James isn't working).

:D :D :D

3. SellOut

SellOut Member

Seems a little over the top, no? Sure, Snyder is a tool, but he's making gobs of money (hence shrewd businessman) we have no idea what he's like as a father and he decided to go with a green gimmick. So what? Sounds like someone just wanted to take a shot at Lynne. Get over yourself.

4. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Correlation=/=causation

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not to mention another ESPN-connected Snyder cabana boy . . . YOUR Uncle Tony.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is Dan Snyder. And it was a purely economic decision, despite what PR bullshit they throw out there now.

From the USA Today story:

He's not talking costs, and there is a reason, other than that he doesn't have to. I will bet with 99 percent certainty that he got NRG Energy to eat a significant portion of the cost, in return for sponsorship and signage all around the stadium. NRG has been working the ENTIRE NFL hard in private, and looking to get their name all around the league. Factor it in, and I have no doubt Synder is saving money on energy costs, not because solar costs less, but because the solar company is bartering the equipment for the publicity. Smart business? Perhaps. Humanitarian? Of course not.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Good stuff.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I love Tommy's story. Then again, I agree with his assessment about Snyder being the biggest tool in the NFL, so I'm not exactly unbiased...

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I just want to know if Hoppes got a Redskins bobblehead or throw rug or something to accessorize his office.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Maybe he gets Vin as a footstool, on weekends.

Draft saved Draft deleted