1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Zbikowski avoids Johnny Manziel's potential fate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 5, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, for sure. When you're a star athlete in high school, it's hard not to be an ass.

My wife's apparently bitter about some debate assignment, where they were on the same team, that he didn't take seriously. And, debate was about the one subject my wife did take seriously. (Lucky me!)

She hasn't seen him since high school, but is opne minded about him now, especially since the guy who works for me likes him.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ha, this is why my friend's wife doesn't like Drew Brees, to this day. He was her lab partner in some science class and left her to do everything.

3. YankeeFan

I'd heard this story way before I knew he worked as a firefighter at the house with my employee. I think it's her most vivid memory from high school.

4. YankeeFan

Just wait until she reads this:

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You could put Pope Francis, the Dos Equis guy, Oprah and Stephen Hawking on a college group project and they'd all hate each other's guts six weeks later. It's like proto-Survivor.

Dick Whitman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted