1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Petty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 27, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Since this is a thread about your namesake and about you, I'm going to do the honorable thing here and pull out.

I only wish your father had done the same.

(I kid, of course.)

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and you are, as always, fucking hysterical ... and, btw, we are not laughing with you.

3. If you get called lame by Schiezainc, is that a net gain?
    And as for TP, he is So. Damn. Fucking. Shit. Holy. Hell. Solid.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Simon, I'm surprised that you didn't like Highway Companion. Twas a damn ... ahem ... solid cd. And as far as that special goes, well I own it and have seen it a couple of times. Lots of things I didn't know. Lots of things I did know. Still a great watch and the concert in Gainesville that comes with it is worth it as well.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Only time I had front-row seats... Petty in 1987 in West Palm Beach, with Georgia Satellites.

TP and the boys were incredible.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

That must've been a great show. I've seen him four times over the years and they never bore me.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I saw TP and the boys in Bristow, Va. on the Highway Companion tour. The one time I remembered hearing them do a live show, I thought TP was coked out and was wondering what people saw in him.

It only took a couple of songs before I saw how awesome he and the band were. The fact The Chick I'd Switch For™ was performing with them was a bonus. 8)

8. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

He was good at first but then he went too far.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Saw that tour too. The Satellites were a fucking great live band too.

Draft saved Draft deleted