1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Petty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 27, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You have to talk Mrs. Petty into fetching her purse if you want to do that.

Not an easy task, me thinks.

2. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I thought I was the only idiot who stayed up watching that thing on Sundance last night. I just sort of stumbled into it. I watched and watched and watched, and it was really interesting, but they were covering every year of his career ... finally I hit "info" and realized I was watching a four-hour special. I resolved to go to bed, but every time I began to lift my sagging haunches from the couch, something else came on that really interested me.
    The Bob Dylan tour! I saw that at the Spectrum!
    Stevie Nicks!
    George Harrison!
    Roy Orbison! The Traveling Wilburys!
    and then, when I absolutely, positively had my feet under me and my finger on the remote, Rick Rubin and Johnny Cash! Can't go to bed then, check my avatar. Fuck.
    I saw Tom in the media center a few days before the Super Bowl last February, and I thought he looked timeworn but cool. I guess the special reinforced for me how much really great music he's done, not all in the same vein (not even close).
    "Southern Accents" is a song that's always meant a lot to me.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I haven'y seen this but I've been a huge TP fan for years. That Mudcrutch album has really grown on me.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why you choose to hurt me in this manner, i'll never understand.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Few will. It's always unprovoked, too.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sonuvabitches.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

At this point, he may have smoked a bit too much of that Cheech and Chong.

8. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

What Huggy said. There are sock puppets, and then there are creative outlets. Mudcrutch is the latter.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Since I have nothing nice to say about the singer or the poster, I will refrain from commenting on this topic.

Have a nice day. :)

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that coach is looking smarter and smarter.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. I do have something nice to say about you ... you're very talented.

I mean, how else could someone make the same joke 433 times and still find it something.

Talented, right? Or is it 'lame' that I'm thinking of? Either way, kudos.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and kudos to that coach. 434 times around the horn and he still hit it on the head.

what was that he said again?

Draft saved Draft deleted