1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom O'Brien to N.C. State? Didn't see that coming

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Dec 6, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Reports all over the place that O'Brien has taken the N.C. State job. Can't say as I saw that one coming.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He denied he was going anywhere to the Globe just yesterday in connection with Arizona State, which is one hell of a lot better opportunity. I mean, guys HAVE won in Tempe.

3. I hope it's not true but if it is - I hope Frank Spaziani or Dana Bible get the BC head coach job

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Well, now that I look closer I'm not sure this thing's locked up. Everyone seems to be referencing the same report -- something from NECN that you get to through boston.com.

Guess this one's still pending.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

6. KP

KP Active Member

What a dumb move this is. Nobody at the Heights currently gives a shit about T O'B's inability to win anything remote to a big game. He'll find Raleigh to be slightly different.

BC national best 6-game bowl winning streak, whoppidedoo.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Who's dumb, KP? NCSU to hire O'Brien or the coach to give it a shot in Raleigh?

8. KP

KP Active Member

Both, though I lean towards NCSU for hiring him. That shit team beat BC after a huge time management faux pas.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

At least O'Brien isn't nearly as full of himself as Chuck is. There's a start ... I think?

If they were going after another coach in the ACC, I'd much rather it have been Jim Grobe. But he has standards, and actually wants to stay at a good school rather than go for the big payday in a pressure cooker. The nerve ... heh heh

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Coughlin back to BC, if the Giants continue to swoon?

12. KP

KP Active Member

How Charlie Weis is a finalist for Coach of the Year and Jim Grobe is not is a travesty.

And door's at NC State will no need to be extra wide for the ego.

Jack Bicknell's kid is looking for a gig. The Jesus freaks can't let that one pass go.

Draft saved Draft deleted