1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Jackson's Earing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bd11, Nov 3, 2006.

1. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

My 50+ year old neighbor just started wearing an earring (a dangling one at that). Just as unsettling.

2. My guess: TJ split with his woman and is back on the market chasing 30-somethings. If he starts wearing a gold tooth, he's chasing 20-something castoffs from Flavor of Love. If he starts wearing a chain that hangs to the floor, he's engaged to Deelishish.

And TJ is damn good on football. He and Berman have great chemistry and energy. I enjoy their highlight packages.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Except Deelishish has reportedly hooked up with Clinton Portis. And don't ask how I know that.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I've done two pretty cosmetic look changes in the past 6 years. Both were inspired by old men.
    First, I quit wearing the earrings (two in left ear, one in right).
    The other was shaving my head. No need to hold on to very little.

Thank you disgusting old men -- you've made my life easier.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

First time in a long time, actually. That includes ignoring all the idiotic political threads started by the usual suspects with all criticism and no solutions.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the world today.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting theory - I thought it might be result of Disney focus group.

Also could be that one of those 30 year olds told TJ that he would look "cute " in an earing.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm not reading so much into it. Ed Bradley has an earring too and he's solid as a rock. I think of TJ the same way, even with the increasingly-annoying volume around him.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Which Estelle Getty? The way she used to be or the way she is now that she's suffereing from dementia?

9. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

Speaking of Golden Girls, that always reminds me of the tactful line frequently used in roasts, I wouldnt fuck ____ with Bea Arthur's dick. That's a pee in the pants moment for me.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thank you for being a friend.

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

But can your daughter read "If You Give a Pig a Party" ? :)

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Haven't heard of that book. But I fixed my typo and she also just read "If you give a moose a muffin." Those are cute little books.

Draft saved Draft deleted