1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Jackson's Earing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bd11, Nov 3, 2006.

1. bd11

bd11 Member

Has that always been there? Remember when ESPN had another guy named Tom Jackson about five years ago on Primetime who was likeable and informative instead of the laughing, jacked up a-hole they have now?

Jackson is 2 years away from completely morphing into Michael Irvin.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

This one has the potential to outperform many of the recent, dumb threads.

3. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

So an earring makes him the Pipemaker? Good logic.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

TJ is about 5-times more intelligent than Michael Irvin. The comparison is insulting. And because you saw him wearing an earing? Be real.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

My 6-year-old kindergartner is 5-times more intelligent than Michael Irvin. She might not know football that well and picks the team she wants to win based on the color of their uniform. But she's still more intelligent than Irvin. Heck, she just read 'If you give a pig a pancake' to me. When's the last time Irvin read a book that challenging?

She doesn't have earrings, though.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Does Miranda count?

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

TJ was a decent football player for the Broncos. He's OK as a media person, but it must be tough to get up for each Sunday's program knowing you have to stand in Berman's wake.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

5 X 0 = 0

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He was a great player. Undersized linebacker who could just plain tear it up. Few guys ever played the game harder than he did. Maybe not the best talking head on TV, but he generally knows his stuff. Put him on a set with Chris Berman and Michael Irvin and he is definitely the one I am paying the most attention to.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Put Estelle Getty on a set between Berman and Irvin and she'll be the most knowledgable football analyst on the set as well....

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. I figure someone in wardrobe stuck it on his ear to give him a hip look.

Its really a shame that TJ seems to feel the need this year reinvent himself.

Next Steve Young will show up with poney tail and tatoo on his forearm.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK FudgePack, what are YOU offering on this board, other than criticism of the starting of other threads?

Draft saved Draft deleted