1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Emanski: Just a Bit Outside.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In light of the Mel Hall saga, it's a little relieving to find out there's no horrifying/disgusting coda/epilogue.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'll definitely read the story if Fred McGriff endorses it.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Enjoyed reading that, happy it didn't have some sort of "Behind the Music" horror story.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Shoot I used to love some of those mail-order ads you'd see on cable. Guthy-Renker had a ton, Tony Robbins, Tom Wu, Dave Del Dotto's Cash-Flow institute, the little-tiny ads guy, Ron Popeil. And to this day I can't trust a British guy who is selling a food cooker one week and a cleaning solution the next.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I got my Magic Bullet. The Australian guy saying "nachos" was a huge selling point.

6. rascalface

rascalface Member

Ha, the tiny-little ads guy (from my one-bedroom apartment!). Who could forget Don Lapre? That guy was everywhere on late-night infomercials. Not to bury the lede, but he committed suicide in jail a few years ago awaiting multiple federal charges of conspiracy and fraud.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This is the one story that YOU want to read.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

http://www.infomercial-hell.com/

Well worth a few minutes of your time, then. You'll especially love his takedown of the Magic Bullet infomercial and Mick and Mimi's never-ending string of key parties, time share pitches, and Magic Bullet presentations. Click on that link, and you'll get zingers like ...

... And dozens more!!!!! Click now!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted