1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Browning arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FreddiePatek, Mar 30, 2009.

1. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

It's no Nick Nolte arrest mug, but Browning does look a little worked over:

http://www.sunnewspapers.net/articles/llnews.aspx?articleID=12329&bnpg=0

What's great about this mug is he was arrested for child support, not after a night of boozing or anything. In other words ... he looks like this all the time.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I feel bad for him - he was totally screwed out of the ROY. He was Brandon Webb when Webb was in diapers.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They probably rousted him out of bed. Cops like to do that when they serve warrants.

4. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Vince Coleman was a pretty good choice: 110 steals for the team that won the pennant. Bad BA (.267).

Browning definitely was good in his own right. Winning 20 games as a rook always is impressive

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Also the only player I ever remember captured on TV sitting on a Wrigley rooftop in uniform during a game.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Hate to hear this, especially because I've always considered him a good guy. While I feel bad for him, I feel even worse for the kid(s) and mother(s) allegedly doing without.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm surprised. A few years ago, we had a list of local residents who were in serious property tax arrears: Browning was something like $100,000 behind.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Figured he'd have been nailed for venturing onto a Wrigleyville rooftop without paying the $5,000 cover charge. That's trespassing of the highest order.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This was so long ago I don't think there was a cover charge. I believe he got fined by the league for "leaving the ballpark in uniform with a game in progress."

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Way to go, Tom. Give him an arm, everybody.

Wait. ...

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Can't pay child support and property taxes even though he made $16.7 million as a player. I would have to assume that's all gone.

He's a Rookie League pitching coach, which means he now makes just enough to keep gas in his car. Better hope for some $500 autograph appearances.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I smell a sequel! :D

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted