1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Brady going the way of Matt Leinart ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by thebiglead, Feb 18, 2007.

1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

One month supply from CVS is about $50.

Plus the doctor's visit to get the 'script (also consider most of these "ghetto fabs" and "trailer trash" don't have healthy insurance).

Might not seem like a lot to you or I. But on a minimum wage job with no health insurance, it's a decent chunk.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Actually, in many locations, there's access to free or VERY low-cost health insurance and birth control.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oooops, I meant to write Brady, but it applies to any of 'em.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Lot cheaper than paying for a baby.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And, lest we forget, condoms aren't that expensive.

6. You can get them cheap at Planned Parenthood. Or so I've heard. ;)

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I pay $36 a month for the pill at Planned Parenthood. Most clinics have a sliding scale, so folks who are unemployed might pay less.

The charge is close to $200 for my annual exam every year. Now my insurance covers that, and it is again on a sliding scale.

Yes, paying that is cheaper than what a baby would cost, but it's probably more than what some people can afford, esp. if they're looking month to month and not long-term.

8. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

That's exactly what I've been thinking the whole time. I don't think she "forgot" to do anything.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but with the lead female roles in big budget movies like "The Sum of All Fears," "I, Robot," "The Recruit," and "Lord of War," I seriously doubt she decided to get pregnant to squeeze some money out of Tom Brady.

She might not be among Hollywood's highest paid actresses, but she does reportedly make around $3 million per film. You can't honestly believe that she felt like she needed a few million more so she decided to get knocked up and "forgot" to take her pill.

10. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

Perhaps you're right. But when it comes to things like this, I just don't buy the whole accident theme. Brady should have strapped one on if he didn't want a kid right now -- but, the timing is what gets me. The end of a 3-year relationship results in a pregnancy...hmmm :-\.

If she didn't have her own cash, we'd all be saying she was trying to trap him.
    But, does having her own cash necessarily make her above it ???

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The $3 mil figure just seems too high to me - I doubt she'd be doing "Six Degrees" (on hiatus and God knows when or if NBC will air it again) if she could still pull seven figures a picture. After all, "I, Robot" was quite a while back. "The Recruit" came and went quickly. I'm sure Nic Cage's leading lady was once a $3M gig or close to it, but the way "Lord of War" (and his career) have tanked...
    And she probably pulled one-tenth or less of that for the indie film she has coming out in two weeks (and for which she allegedly engaged in some on-screen ho-yay with Heather Graham).

12. Allegedly? (Marginally NSFW)
    http://egotastic.com/video?flv=/media/videos/0702/heather-graham-bridget-moynahan-kiss-01.flv&w=330&h=270&info=Heather%20Graham%20and%20Bridget%20Moynahan%20Lesbian%20Kiss%20Video

Draft saved Draft deleted