1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Arnold

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I watched every season of King of Queens and it was never anywhere close to being on the same level as Roseanne, not counting the train wreck last two seasons.

Roseanne is a classic show. King of Queens was just a light, funny show.

2. Agreed. I love King of Queens, but Roseanne was a classic.

3. Mizzougrad96

I've always liked Adam Sandler, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't just stunned at how big a star he is.

He's almost on a Will Smith level where people will see anything he's in. I thought he would create a nice little career making movies like Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore, but his track record is insane as long as it's a comedy/action film.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

King of Queens is my all-time favorite show, so I have a soft spot for Kevin James, Leah Remini and the whole crew.

5. Mizzougrad96

All-time favorite? I mean to each his own, and I've seen every episode, but there is nothing about that show that is all-time anything other than maybe all-time best show about a fat guy married to a hot wife that is on after Everybody Loves Raymond. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

Can't explain it. Love the show. You're right, though...to each his own.

7. Mizzougrad96

I mean, I can't make fun of you for loving the show when I've seen every episode. ;)

It was on for nine seasons if I'm not mistaken.

8. Mizzougrad96

I saw James open for Romano in Vegas the year King of Queens came out and while he was funny, I remember thinking, "This guy's show will last six weeks."

He was brilliant to align himself with Romano for his TV career and Sandler for his film career.

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I have never watched a full "Best Damn" show partly because of Arnold and partly because I thought after a while, it would de-evolve from a sports show to the kind of show that 2muchcoffeeman spoke of.

Not interested.

10. Mizzougrad96

Kevin James' first three films have all grossed over $100 million.

Granted, one co-starred Will Smith and one co-starred Adam Sandler, but still...

11. JackReacher

Did Romano help produce KOfQ? Because he only appeared in a handful of episodes, which isn't many considering the show lasted nine seasons.

James' "Don't sweat the small stuff" standup is pretty good. They replay it every now and then on Comedy Central.

Gotta say, though. Not a huge, huge fan of his movies. The one with Will Smith was decent, not great. Haven't seen Paul Blart yet. Prolly wait until it comes out on DVD.

12. Mizzougrad96

James was on a few very early Raymond episodes. I think David Letterman's production company produced King of Queens, but I'm not positive.

I would grade all three of his movies in the "C" range.

Draft saved Draft deleted