1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Arnold

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Feb 25, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope you're joking. You confuse Arnold, an E-lister, with James? Really?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So is James a C-lister? Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

He just had the No. 1 movie in America. Definitely not an A-lister, but a solid B-lister. Name the last time Tom Arnold did ANYTHING worth mentioning.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I had to interview Tom Arnold once. Not one of my career highlights.

5. JackReacher

I remember hearing him on some awful sports talk show in Bama last summer. Apparently, he spent a day with Saban and the Bammers at practice.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

He has lasted a hell of a lot longer without Roseanne than anyone ever thought he would.

He also proved in "True Lies" that, given good material, he has (or had, as it was 15 years ago) some comedic talent. He should just never work in a lead capacity - second-banana status only.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I hate to say this...admit it...
    He is fantastic on My Big Redneck Wedding. He makes the show. I've found him unfunny from Day 1. He's really funny on that "show."

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I never would have considered Kevin James an A-lister, but how many actors can star in a film that centers around them that will make $150 million?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Canny marketing.

The ever-increasing rate of erosion of American popular taste.

Incipient brain damage.

All of the above.

10. JackReacher

Doesn't change the facts. $150 mil is $150 mil. If you were bringing in that kind of cash, would you care about the ever-increasing rate of American popular taste? Didn't think so.

Plus, "The King of Queens" was MUCH better than "Roseanne." IMO, it's not even close. For those keeping score, James 2, Arnold 0.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

$150 mil is an enviable number.

Surely would like a piece of that.

Doesn't translate into worthwhile merit . . . not to mention the two hours the consumer can never get back.

I wouldn't go see this POS at gunpoint.

12. JackReacher

Fair enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted