1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toledo player mistakes sheriff's deputy for teammate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by loveyabye, Apr 12, 2007.

1. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

And lands in jail on possible gun charges.

http://wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=6361676

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Toledo player mistakes sheriff deputy for teammate

Sure he meant teammate and not bookie?

3. Fred Brown only mistook an opponent for a teammate.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

that's pretty funny. what a moron. good thing he knocked first before trying the door or else the result wouldn't have been so funny.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yeah, if the officer left his door unlocked, that player might have taken one between the eyes.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

What the hell is going on in Toledo? When did they become the northern branch of the University of Miami (FL)?

7. boots

boots New Member

The charge is bullshit. How can they say he burglarized the placed? He was standing outside the residence.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

with a shotgun?

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Toledo tanked that football game against Buffalo 2 seasons ago. Shoulda won by 52 and they won by only 7 or 8. Fuckers.

10. boots

boots New Member

Ace, burglary is entry into a building illegally with intent to commit a crime. From this story, he was outside the building. At best, I only see a weapons charge.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It says attempted aggravated burglary. If he was armed at 4:30 in the morning and jiggling the door handle, I think it could work.

12. boots

boots New Member

I feel your argument but I'd be willing to bet that a jury would be deadlocked. Who is to say that he wasn't carrying the gun for protection? Again, that's not burglary because he didn't enter the dwelling. That's my only fault with the charge.

Draft saved Draft deleted