1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toilet tips?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Babyjay, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

Does anyone have any tips for unplugging a toilet, short of calling a plumber? I've plunged and plunged, and it's still not working. Don't know what's in there; the 2-year-old probably unrolled half a roll of toilet paper in there at once.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Should this thread be merged with the one about White Castle?

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Straighten a wire clothes hanger and snake it up the pipe to pull out whatever's there.

If that doesn't work, you may have to go to Lowe's or somewhere to get a toilet snake like plumbers use and try that.

If your plunger is the little one like high school kids use to muffle a trumpet, look at one that fits more snugly around the drain hole so all the air is forced into the toilet pipe. Those also prevent "blowback" of water due to an ill fit and gaps with the smaller style.

If none of that works, call the plumber.

4. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

I'm a fan of the heavy-duty (or would that be doodie?) accordion-style plungers.

5. beanpole

beanpole Member

I bought the snake at Lowes and it worked perfectly, think it was $25 or so. Saved me a $200 house call from a plumber.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

[​IMG]

Should work.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Spacebabe says chug a fifth of pepto.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

DAMN YOU! I was about to pull the trigger on that one.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Likewise.

The only post I ever regret losing in the Great SJ Purge was about my Midnight Plumber, after something completely exotic occurred at a most inconvenient time. Cost me $600 to have a Translyvanian pipecharmer with a cape and top hat show up at 1 am.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

But at least you got a show out of it. Most of the time you just get a generous helping of asscrack.

12. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

If your bathroom is well ventilated, try pouring a little bleach into the bowl. Then get the @#%@# out of there and let it sit.

Be sure you're running a good fan and/or have a window open, because otherwise the fumes might kill you... or at least burn your lungs up. (Right, sportschick? ::))

You might still need the plunger. But the bleach should loosen things up.

Draft saved Draft deleted