1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toddler on the move

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bumpy mcgee, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Wow. That seems to be a blanket statement. Our 11-month old has been standing (with no help from anything to get that way or stay there) for more than a month and is now starting to walk a majority of the time. I'm not even close to considering a bed for him. In fact I'm pretty sure a bed would be a disaster. When the crib doesn't contain any more obviously it's time to move, but I'd wait and see what works best for the individual kid.

Our oldest two were a little more than 2 and almost 3, respectively, before they moved out of the crib. The second probably should have been moved a bit earlier, but we were moving soon and didn't want to get a bed until we got to the new place. We had very few containment issues, though.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Holy shit, this had me laughing at work this afternoon.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yeah. That was my favorite line on SJ today.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Seriously, I'm laughing again. Might be the best line on SJ this summer.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

My first, and quite inappropriate, thought as well.

6. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

As a horse person, my first thought was duct tape. We fix everything with duct tape.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Goody, goody for you! Just so you know, you're not alone:

http://www.dooce.com/2012/07/16/she-drew-first-blood

Boy, I sure do hate that my kids are past this stage. It's ever so much easier now that all I have to worry about is pregnancy, car wrecks ... Oh my God!

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted