1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Todd Marinovich, the Happy Ending

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This thread is a nice trip down memory lane. I wonder what ever happened to the poster Boom_70, it seems he always had a sincere opinion to share. I often wondered if perhaps he was the great Peter King.

Forgive me, I am new here.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Boom is way cooler than Peter King.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The upset of the century is that Starman didn't post on this thread, then or now.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This post turned out to be spot on, and this harsh reality is one reason I couldn't resist throwing a little water on the "Michael Phelps is at peace and happy now!" narrative that dominated the Olympics.

Sobriety is not a finish line. Pretty sure it's a dragon you wrestle with forever, just some days (and years) more so than others.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Having worked with Boom 70, that's debatable

6. cjericho

Someone say that Marinovich is a Trump supporter and he'll be here.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I was driving home from a weekend get-together in NoCal (see the "what are you drinking right now" thread) and almost drove off the I-5 when I heard this story. Venta Spur Trail is around the corner from my house. I thought Marinovich lived in Oregon, but the news story said he lived in Irvine. My kid did some checking and found that there is a rehab facility in a residential area a few blocks away. The facility is mostly for Alzheimer's patience but also deals in addiction treatment. Glad he wasn't my my backyard since I wasn't even home and it would have totally freaked out my wife and kid.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

9. cjericho

TMZ must be able to get a better pic than that. How do they not have his mug shot.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

When's the last time Marv Marinovich sat for an interview? I'd like to hear more about his brilliant plan now ...

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

A friend of mine got security to throw Marv out of the Coliseum during a USC game a few years ago. He was being loud, obnoxious and profane. The profanity with children nearby is what prompted my friend to call security. He said Marv tried to big-time the security people -- "Do you know who I am ... I was an All-American here" etc.
    A miserable human being produced a miserable human being.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think we buried the lede here ...

poindexter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted