1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's world's worst human being

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, May 3, 2007.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

What a complete and utter fucking prick that judge is. I mean, renting a car to take your clothes to get drycleaned? Asshole times infinity.

I hope the family gets a good attorney and counter sues his ass to the poorhouse.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

They lost all but two of my wife's bras and panties once when we were living in a big city in an apartment, the ones she was wearing and the ones she wore the day before. She was pissed but she didn't sue.

Now we have a washer and drier and just have to deal with dry cleaning, and the place nearest us hasn't screwed up yet, although it's only a matter of time before they do. Expecting perfection from any business is a bit much.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

his behavior is despicable. but i don't know how he qualifies as the world's worst human being especially when compared with others who get so designated on SportsJournalists.com. these people are typically child molesters, rapists, child rapists, killers, etc.

he's abusing the system and being an asshole. and giving lawyers everywhere a bad name. there's no way the defendants will end up paying anywhere near what he's seeking.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ummm... How'd they lose the ones she was wearing?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He isn't the world's worst, just TODAY's world's worst... it will change with the sun...

And frank? I was wondering how they lost the bra she was wearing myself...

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

UPDATE: Judge cries! :'( :'( :'(
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070612/ap_on_fe_st/odd_67_million_pants;_ylt=AiVNTVN5_Qjnr6UjIbjVPUQZ.3QA

A judge who is suing a dry cleaner that lost his trousers for $54 million left the courtroom in tears Tuesday after saying he is acting in the interests of all District of Columbia residents against what he claims are poor business practices.
    In his opening statement at the civil trial Tuesday, Pearson said he wanted to examine the culture that allowed "a group of defendants to engage in bad business practices for five years."

An attorney representing the shop's owners, however, portrayed Pearson as a bitter man with financial troubles stemming from a recent divorce, who is taking out his anger on a hardworking family.

"This case is very simple. It's about one sign, and the plaintiff's outlandish interpretation," attorney Chris Manning said.

The Chungs were scheduled to present their case on Wednesday. Manning asked D.C. Superior Court Judge Judith Bartnoff to award the Chungs reimbursement for their legal costs if they win.

Pearson called several witnesses Tuesday who testified that they stopped going to Custom Cleaners after problems with misplaced clothes.

"I think they should have stood by what the signs said," said Betty Green, who testified that she brought in a white suit and was given a beige one when she came to pick it up.

Another customer, Rhonda Dorsey, said her blue sweater was lost, but was told she never brought it in.

7. boots

boots New Member

He thinks he's doing the right thing but no pair of pants should cost that much.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

To be clear, the guy suing is a judge, the judge overseeing the case apparently is less than thrilled with everything. Great job by the Post in blogging this.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/offbeat/?hpid=topnews

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outlandish interpretation? Fucker should face starman justice..

This is the kind of guy you'd like to see win the case (hey, they screwed up) and be awarded one dollar. Fucker.

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

This reporter needs to be careful so the NCAA doesn't throw him out of the courtroom for blogging during the proceedings.

11. boots

boots New Member

That's a three-pointer and he's at the line shooting one and one.

12. I heard about this on the local CBS affiliate and needless to say I was stunned. 54 million dollars over a pair of pants? False advertising? I didn't necessarily like the fact that McDonalds forgot I didn't want cheese on my sausage McGriddle the other morning, but you don't see me hauling the estate of Ray Kroc into court. Some folks need a life, some sex, something.

Draft saved Draft deleted