1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's world's worst human being

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, May 3, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My cleaner busted a button a shirt once, I'm asking for $5 million.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its time for the "judge" to get slapped down.

3. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

And maybe we don't need a ridiculous pun in every paragraph.

Although I like the option of being able to watch people shake their heads over "The Case Of The Missing Pants." That was my favorite Encyclopedia Brown mystery.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow...for once I'm...speechless....well, almost....what a fuckhead!

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

There has to be some way these poor people can get their money back from this bullshit.

What an ass. Really discouraging to me that some shit like this can happen. Really discouraging.

6. boots

boots New Member

The brother's pissed. He liked those pants. His tenure as a judge has just ended. He wants to show people how the system can be manipulated.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

UPDATE
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/09/AR2007050902576.html

It's true that Pearson's term as a judge expired last week, his bio was taken down from the Web site and, for now, he is no longer hearing cases.

But he remains on the D.C. payroll, "doing administrative work," said a senior city official who declined to be named because he was discussing a personnel matter. Pearson will be in paid limbo for weeks while a commission decides whether to reappoint him for a 10-year term to handle disputes with city agencies.

There is good reason to believe that Pearson might win a new term. Before the pants suit became a worldwide story, the city's chief administrative law judge, Tyrone Butler, recommended approval of Pearson's application based on his job performance, said D.C. Council member Phil Mendelson and three other sources with direct knowledge of the recommendation. Butler did not respond to a request for comment.

"Everyone agrees that to file a lawsuit asking for $65 million for a pair of pants is absolutely outrageous," the D.C. official said. "But we are trying to keep that out of the discussion about reappointment. I don't think it's appropriate not to reappoint someone just because they file a lawsuit. You can't retaliate against someone for exercising their constitutional, First Amendment right to file a lawsuit to vindicate their rights."

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Why is this even a case?

Forget the attorney...

What judge lets it in his court?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've heard about this before...
    buh...buh...buh... it says "satisfaction guaranteed...."

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And after the Chung's win this case, I hope to god they countersue the motherfucker for "pain and suffering" and get thousands.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I hope they countersue and take this douchebag "to the cleaners."

I'm about to stereotype and I apologize for that, but there are about six dry cleaners in my neighborhood and all of them are Korean owned. The cleaner I go to now is awesome. Really nice people, always friendly, really do business the right way. Two others I tried in the past were really brusque, kind of nasty people. I think it is a cultural thing, probably, and they don't realize it's bad customer service, because they are pretty much that way to most customers. It's not like you walk in there being a dick to them. You just want your suit dry cleaned and they snap at you, as if they are doing you a favor. All of that said, I could see a Korean dry cleaner--at least the ones I have come across--pissing off a customer. I can even imagine them deceitfully trying to pass off a fake pair of pants as the ones they lost to avoid paying for their mistake.

That said, no excuse for this idiot using the legal system this way. It should absolutely bear on his reappointment. It goes right to the heart of how he views the judicial system and his ability to act reasonably, which is what a judge needs.

12. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

If you want to contribute: www.customcleanersdefensefund.com

Draft saved Draft deleted