1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's world's worst human being, III

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Idaho, May 16, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/05/16/baby.drop.ap/index.html

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Re: Today's world's worst humand being, III

First of all: A "drop box" for babies? They aren't fucking late returns to Block Buster, they are human beings! What is wrong with this world?

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

The 'drop off box' is an incredibly better option than the dumpster in the alley for a scared, confused teenage mom. Not the best option, mind you, but a better option than leaving the baby to die that way.

But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about unifying the SportsJournalists.com karma cosmos down on one evil person for tossing aside a 3-year-old who calls him 'daddy.'

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

How do you fit them in the little slots?

What a useless human being. I guess the idea is better than a dumpster or river, but it does seem a little inhumane.

If you don't want kids, either WEAR A RUBBER OR STOP HAVING SEX IDOTS!!!!

Jesus, this world is going to hell.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok...can't help picturing my 3-year-old when I read this....makes me want to take a baseball bat to the father's kneecaps.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Why is it worse to throw away a 3-year old than to throw away an infant?

The entire idea is a disgrace and this dad is no better or worse than the rest of the disgusting people who throw away their infants.

And to take it one step further -- how is this much different than abortion?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know. Good thing there aren't drop boxes for middle schoolers is all I can say.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I was going to say, I think I know some people who have at least entertained the thought of doing the same thing.

Maybe the guy's family was in bad shape. Maybe he thought it was like putting the kid up for adoption, that someone else could do better than he had.

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

My state has a safe surrender law. Within 72 hours (I think) after birth, you can bring a baby to a hospital, fire station or police station and give it up, no questions asked. You can reclaim it if you change your mind within a week or so.

They instituted this to keep women (mostly teenagers) from throwing their babies in dumpsters.

I could never give up a baby, but this way's a lot better than having some newborn with its cord still attached thrown away like an empty Big Mac container.

10. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

All depends on your definition of where a person's life begins. Is a fetus a person?

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You know, being as no matter how I answer this it will no doubt draw the ire of the fire-breathing, bed-wetting, overly-sensitive, pinko communist liberals who consider themselves to be the cool kids on these threads, I am going to, for once, have some restraint and abstain from answering the question at hand....... :-X :-X :-X ;)

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, for one thing, the child being left behind is still alive...so it's just a tad different than an abortion.

I'm torn on the actual idea of a drop-off like this. I understand the idea of wanting to have a safe place to leave an infant so new mothers in a panic don't just leave the kid to die in a dumpster, but at the same time I hate the idea of making it easier for the to abandon their child.

In this instance, the difference between an infant and a 3-year-old is emotional damage. The 3-year-old doesn't understand the entire situation, but he knows who his daddy is and is aware enough to be hurt by being abandoned in a way that an infant would not.

Draft saved Draft deleted