1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's version of public education dumbassery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Mar 2, 2011.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Seemed to me that the article said that the administrative leave was mandatory because the cops were called.

It's frustrating how often the school system relies on blanket rules that don't account for nuance in the situation, but given how emotional (and sometimes lawsuit-happy) parents can be about their kids, I understand why schools do things that way.

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

The pussification of America

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I can't believe that students are allowed to have cell phones in class anyway. We had pagers in high school, but no way would you get caught with one in school. I wouldn't have even thought about it. I remember I accidentally left it in my jeans from the night before and I was freaked the hell out until the end of the day, sneaking looks over my shoulder 10 times before transferring it from jeans to my locker during a classroom break.

4. Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen New Member

Damn right. If you're a part of my family, I will love you violently.

And this country has always been pussified. Thomas Jefferson was a pussy.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

HA! She lives in Atherton. She will never have to worry about where her next meal -- or BMW -- is coming from the rest of her life.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Oh, that may well be true. Doesn't surprise me at all, actually. But wealthy or not, as an adult, she will still have to deal with scary people and loud noises that overwhelm her delicate sensibilities.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If students could obtain concealed-carry permits that allowed them to assert their Second Amendment rights on school grounds, this student would not have had to call 911.

Though, someone else probably would have.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Students, at least at my school, aren't allowed to have them in class. But it's the ultimate way to sneak around -- and most don't see the punishment (detention and your parents have to come pick it up) as being too bad, so they'll risk getting caught.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Wait til she gets this guy for calculus...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

No silly, students don't make mistakes anymore.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Would like to know that the police admonished this girl for misusing 911.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

[​IMG]

I'd have helped the teacher kick some ass. (God rest ye, Leslie.)

Draft saved Draft deleted