1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's Top 10: Journey's Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Ten?

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

We?

I think you and ANOTHER member of the Nashville karaoke crew sang Don't Stop Believin'

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That is not a mitigating factor.
    Schon's musical ability actually increases his culpability for inflicting that schmaltz on the American public.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Negative. Kel and I sang some sappy Garth Brooks tune.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Still no answer to the name of the song they released in the mid 1990s?

This is bothering the heck out of me.

6. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Unless I missed it, nobody has mentioned Mother, Father, which is one of the forgotten songs off the Escape album.

It would be easy to write it off as pretentious. But there's something incredibly melodic and emotional about that song that's always reached out and grabbed me, even back when I was 9 and had Escape on vinyl. And another even more obscure track that's sort of a sister song to Mother, Father, is Little Girl, which was on that boxed set they put out ... recorded at roughly the same time as part of a soundtrack to a Japanese film they did. It has some of the same qualities.

And I'm also partial to Ask the Lonely and Only the Young.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That's the damn song!!!

I love that song.

I had no idea it was recorded in 1978.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Saw Journey on their last tour with Perry. Glass Tiger was the opener. Randy Jackson was playing bass. Good show, though I'd have rather seen the band on the Escape Tour rather than Raised on Radio Tour for sure.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Glass Tiger??

Wow....that brings back different memories, from 1986 when "Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone" was on the radio like twice every hour.

Needless to say, they're gone, but we haven't forgotten them - the pride of Newmarket, Ontario. :D

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

adams was all full of energy. it was his third stadium concert ever and the first his mother saw live ... couldn't believe how many times his said "fuck" in front of his mother.

perry struck me as possibly the best live performer i've ever heard. crystal clear, possibly better live than, at that time, a tape thingy.

and SH and ST on top of that? shit. where did you see it? and, yeah, bryan, not brian.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

considering the pure fucking shit you listen to, mikey?
    i don't care what you think of journey.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Awesome. That could have qualified for the "best song ending" thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted