1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's Top 10: Journey's Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 22, 2009.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Any Way You Want It with Schon's badder-than-ass guitar solo tops my Journey list.
    Late one night driving home from work, this song came around. I was going about 60 when the guitar solo started. By the time it ended, I was going about 90.
    You could say it revved my engine.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Loving, Touching Squeezing a vastly underrated song. I also dig "Girl Can't Help It." I guess I have a thing for killer bass lines.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Good call Dan. Other underrateds: Send Her My Love, Be Good to Yourself, and Suzanne.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Big fan. Of course, we know about all the hit songs (The ones on the Greatest Hits album), but do some of you have some lesser-know songs (deep album cuts) that you loved to listen to?

Two of my favorites were "Chain Reaction" and "Edge of the Blade" from the Frontiers album.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't believe it possible, but the video to Chain Reaction is worse than the video to Separate Ways.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

And how about that video game for the Atari console?

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

Open Arms? Yeesh. This era's corporate music doesn't hold up that well. Infinity might have been my favorite Journey album.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

When I have that fantasy of fronting a rock band and singing at a local bar which didn't card all my 18-year-old friends, and they're all there in the front three rows (especially the cheerleaders) ...

... I'm singin' "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'."

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Yes, my friend, dream big.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

A couple of beers, and I might tell you about the one where a high school talent show turns into my breakout moment.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Well, at least their shirts stay buttoned.

If Roethlisberger jerked his head like these guys do when they "sing" in their videos, he would be out of the league by now and drinking out of a sippy cup.

12. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Not sure why "Feelin That Way" hasn't received any votes - unless, of course, it sucks and I never realized it.

Stone in Love, Anytime, and Only the Young would also make my, I guess it would be a top 4.

Draft saved Draft deleted