1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's the day ESPN self-pleasures itself

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If I represented his estate I'd sure as hell be saying so.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

But then the family would be labeled bigots and transgendered haters.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Walters?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I can't imagine that Bruce Jenner had ever heard of the Arthur Ashe award prior to his decision to live according to society's version of womanhood. Let alone diabolically plotted to win it.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He didn't win it; he bought it.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Guessing Bruce/Caitlyn won't get the same hagiographic treatment as fellow Arthur Ashe Courage Award honoree Jimmy V did.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

BTW, Dick, how many veggie pizzas will you have to spring for when the gals come over and watch "I am Cait"? I do not envy you, my man.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

That's not it at all. I don't care that people are gay, and I never said they should stay in the closet. Why do I have to "acknowledge" them? Why the hell do they have to be labeled? Just live your life the way you want. You don't have to run around waving your arms, shouting "I'm gay, I'm gay."

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, sounds like PC nailed it.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That wasn't exactly an option for Jenner. And it's worth pointing out that the paparazzi was chasing her and printing rumors of her transition long before the article. Given her high profile, you can't blame her for wanting to get her side of the story out.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I get so damned tired of all of these TV shows and movies presenting scenarios in which a cop is trying to track down a bad guy. I mean, "CSI" and "Law and Order" and "The Mentalist" and "The Wire." Not to mention all the damned novels about it that are all best sellers.

I mean, as you maneuver through your day, every situation you're in doesn't present a cops and robbers aspect. But on TV and movies - and awards shows - it seems to these days.

They ought to make more TV shows and movies about the tedium of helping kids with homework, or realizing you're out of beer and have to run to CVS to get some Old Style, or the frustration of commuting and Mike and Mike are talking about the NFL in goddamned June. Every day stuff, amIrite? I've had it up to here with these scenarios that explore the more interesting conflicts going on in our world. I want more shows in which someone is spending 10 minutes determining which shows deserve a season pass on the DVR.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The he/she/it thing was disgusting. You want to reduce a person to a thing for any reason and you're an asshole.

Dehumanizing groups of people is what has led to horrible actions against them throughout history.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted