1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's sign of the apocolypse from SI.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Jul 4, 2006.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Oh good God. Just another sideshow in the spectacle of college basketball, which I sometimes consider sports' biggest pimp, whore and freak show.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i don't know where the outrage is coming from, unless it's the typical SportsJournalists.com bias-goggles. do you guys know how many people post on rivals and their own school web sites? people care about this stuff. maybe they don't care about regular season high school hoops, but these camps are a huge deal.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Frank Burlison of the Long Beach Press-Telegram, who is, I believe, a very well-respected high school/college basketball writer, has written endless columns about the Nike/ABCD/Travel ball tournaments for, well, decades now. It's pretty much his feature stuff and the basis for his Best in the West selections in the spring.

Draft saved Draft deleted