1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's forecast: Sweater weather

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HanSenSE, May 15, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figure it's only a matter of time before "Bikini weather" makes an appearance at KTLA.

3. HanSenSE

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Local news folks seem more interested/intent on furthering their own personal "brand" these days than doing journalism. I guess that's the biz these days, just don't call yourself a journalist.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Reading all the hand-wringing about this the last couple of days has been really weird.

It's the KTLA morning show. They're screwing around. This is what they do. I promise no one involved took this even remotely seriously.

And on a related note -- if an attractive female anchor wears anything more revealing than a burqa, people will email calling her a whore. We had a viewer sharing her outrage because our anchor was exposing her arms like some kind of harlot.

6. HanSenSE

There's places that do local news right, but so much lately seems to miss the mark. Too many cute animals and stuff gleaned from affiliates for their visuals than something substantial.

7. Not clicking the link, but I thought this was a case of the anchor jokingly handing her the sweater, not as a result of reaction to complaints.

JUST FYI ... KTLA anchor on-air. Ten second Google search ...

[​IMG]

And no, I'm not complaining. ;)

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Just more women in journalism parading things around to get ahead.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Seems like the whole thing was overblown.

But I tell ya, when I see I woman's shoulders, I get a raging boner and all I can think is FUCK FUCK FUCK.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

One of the morning shows where I live features a twentysomething woman whose outfits aren't that noteworthy but whose delivery could be best described as an attempt at being...seductive? I dunno. It's a low, mewling voice with a lot of eye popping.

Usually, energy and pep is what a morning show aims for, but this is just...not that.

On another station, the woman host is trying to set a TV record for longest sustained giggle while maintaining intermittent eye contact with the camera a kind of oh my, this is funny and look at me laugh about it! while the guy anchor cocks an eyebrow like he's on The Rock's Jabroni Watch.

I rather enjoy the morning TV news.

Draft saved Draft deleted