1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's Darwin Award goes to TO

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by farmerjerome, Jun 27, 2011.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Having suffered said injury, I'll reserve mocking my fellow Chattanooga alum.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I've always liked TO, but if it's true he injured himself as a result of taping a show, then he deserves some level of questioning at the very least.

Also, didn't he only go to Chattanooga because he thought it was another University of Tennessee, meaning the one in Knoxville? Or is that just an urban legend?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Whether it's an urban legend or not depends on who you ask...I believe the folks inside the Moc athletic department insist that it's real.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If this is true, it will almost definitely be the end of his career.

I almost always thought he was more misunderstood than anything else, and I think his stint in Philly was proof of that.

I had a really interesting conversation with Mariucci about Owens several years ago and I remember him saying, "Look, he and I had more than our share of issues, but nobody plays harder, nobody practices harder and if I need a receiver to throw a block or be a decoy, nobody does it better than him."

Granted, I don't think anyone would say those kinds of things after his stints in Dallas, Buffalo and Cincy, but this is a guy who should be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. He won't get in on the first ballot, but he should.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

T.O. was great in The T.O. Show.

Draft saved Draft deleted