1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's bizarre high school football score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Oh, and in Texas six-man football the century mark is not too uncommon. It's happened twice already this year and a couple of years ago there was a 108-100 final between Fruitvale and Leverett's Chapel.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I believe, although I can't cite a specific example, that there were a handful of games that finished 1-0 under Georgia's old overtime penetration (heh, heh) rule. I can recall a game that went to overtime at 0-0, meaning it was possible, but both teams ended up scoring and one successfully went for 2 to win 8-7. 11-10 was a relatively common score under that system, and 4-3 was also not unheard of.

Norcross High in Georgia, at least according to a historians' website, in consecutive weeks in 1985 won a game 3-2 and lost another 2-0. http://ghsfha.org/showgamesgyr.php?GSEASONID=1985&gTeamID=Norcross

3. joe

joe Active Member

64? Jesus, what is the coach thinking? If that's not criminal negligence, it should be.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

How many of those were jet sweeps, which are actually passing yardage?

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Either way, that's a lot of times for one person to have the ball in his hands, getting hit about every time.

6. Morris816

Morris816 Member

This Friday night, it gets even better for Kansas eight-man football.

Final score: Otis-Nixon 104, Kinsley 70. New state record for combined points in an eight-man game. Previous record was 171, set in 2011.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Tell me Otis-Nixon is the Braves.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It's actually Otis-Bison.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Modern-day record in Ohio football set tonight:
    Toledo Central Catholic 83, Fremont Ross 51

It's 5th all-time in points scored in a game, but everything over 110 points dates back to 1930 or before.

Both teams were 2-2 going into the game and it was a league contest.

A game of "not-it!" popped up among the agate clerks when I read that score off! LOL

10. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

I saw a tweet tonight about a game outside our area where one team had 6 points at that point. And the tweet said the team scored those points on 3 safeties.

According to @henricosports Henrico leads Atlee 7-6 in the 2ndQ. Atlee has scored 3 safeties.

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I watched a game tonight that took 2 hours to play. Thank you God.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Lucky you. Mine took more than three, or at least that's how long the window lasted.
    Refs showed up late, so the game started at 7:30 instead of 7.
    Then, in the fourth quarter, one of the kids playing in the massive 50-man football game behind the end zone got his leg broken. Only, instead of having the decency to stay where he was, one of his buddies carried him to the visitor's sideline. So there was about a 10-minute delay while an ambulance drove across the field to pick him up.

Draft saved Draft deleted