1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's advice: Don't let a trainee perform your Brazilian wax

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Or, thank goodness I'm a guy.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/07/06/1183351429227.html

A sexy Brazilian-style bikini wax almost cost a 20-year-old Melbourne woman her life.

The woman suffered a near-fatal infection after she was left bleeding by the hot-wax hair removal procedure, performed by a trainee waxer. :-\ :-[ :-X

Less than a fortnight later, possibly because of a lowered immune system arising from diabetes, she came down with extreme pain and a fever. She had also broken out in a rash stretching from her groin to her chest, arms and neck.
    Professor Grayson said it was one of the most extreme of 90 cases of hot-wax burns resulting from Brazilian hair-removal procedures seen by Victorian hospital emergency departments last year.

Click here if you want all the gory medical details: http://www.theage.com.au/ed_docs/brazilian.pdf

2. KG

KG Active Member

Great..just great! Now not only do I cringe at the idea of having this done, I want to just go ahead and faint.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sounds like she didn't shave down before getting a Brazillian. You can't go in with full bush. It just doesn't work right.

I could be wrong as my computer wouldn't open the links (not you're fault Perry, but computer just sucks).

4. KG

KG Active Member

SC it didnt' say one way or another. But it did say that later after she healed she tried to shave and it came back.

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Daddy don't dig on no disco muff.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Vive la difference.

Draft saved Draft deleted