1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TODAY WE CELEBRATE OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY (SEQUELS)!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 28, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True. Still, that movie was depressing as hell.

2. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Yeah after the dog got attacked, my wife gasped and I said "don't worry, they never kill dogs in these movies." Two minutes later I looked like a real idiot.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know what Smith's worst movie is, I'm guessing it's a dead heat between 7 Pounds and Wild, Wild West.

He doesn't make many bad movies. If he's not the biggest movie star out there, I don't know who is...

I love Johnny Depp, but I'd like to see him open a movie that's not Pirates of the Caribbean.

4. He had ZERO success with The Rum Diaries which BOMBED this week.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Will Smith's odd career choices can be traced straight back to the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood...Seven Pounds and Hancock and I am Legend are all connected via the writer or producer or director, etc., to Scientology.

6. TigerVols

You'd be right...if you said this two years ago.

Now? Producers in Hollywood would say Leo DiCaprio is.

7. TigerVols

Bravo.

8. Mizzougrad96

On talent? I'd go with DiCaprio. On box office, and he is down a little bit, but I still think Smith is the leader.

9. "Issue 2: No Shit!"

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Isn't Armageddon the one where Ben Affleck vaults through space on a dune buggy? About the most comically ridiculous effects scene ever meant to be taken seriously.

I'll take Independence Day. Mindless ridiculousness, yes, but the fun kind. And surprisingly re-watchable, I'll cop to several viewings over the years. Whereas I'm not sure I ever made it through the first viewing of Armageddon, all I remember about that one is cringing.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I can quote the whole Bill Pullman speech. I'm not proud of this.

And while funny at times, Armageddon is crap ... until you compare it to Con Air, which is among the worst films ever made.

12. Mizzougrad96

I think if you can accept Con Air for what it is, good, fun crap, it's one hell of an entertaining film.

Draft saved Draft deleted