1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today should be a national holiday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 31, 2007.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Week 4 already here suckas. I get to watch two 0-3 teams battle it out. Good times.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

57 minutes away from brilliance on radio.

Oh......go to www.kiulradio.com if you want the live broadcast.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

High school teams slumming it in Hawaii? What is this world coming to?

4. No result yet?
    What the hell?

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Had an overtime thriller tonight, but couldn't concentrate at all on the game.

At half time someone told me the star quarterback, for what would be the losing team, has cancer. Kid is a junior and I had an inkling that something was indeed wrong, but I was hoping these tests he was having weren't anything to worry about.

Well, it's something to worry about.

Supposedly this it for the guy. I had a long off-the-record chat about it with the coach. Coach said it was most likely his last game. Chemo starts next week. Non-Hodgkins lymphoma. Kid already looks sick to these eyes.

Absolute bummer.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You know Fort Scott is always going to be there. Pittsburg has more hit and miss of late, though.

Personally, I love the eight-man divisions. Sadly, Hanston doesn't have a team anymore; school shut down a couple years ago. To me, that was the best place in the state to catch a game. Can't put a finger on it, but the atmosphere, the people and that team were something else.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Man, that's 5,000 times worse than my game. I thought having two guys taken off in ambulances, one with a likely ruptured spleen, was bad.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Some schools around here have ... uh ... funds for such things. Lucky them. We didn't staff it.

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Updated after Friday night: 0 for 2

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Some good 8-man teams in SEK, too. St. Paul's always strong, and Thayer has a good year here and there. Best thing about Kansas 8-man is the mercy rule. If a team goes up by 40 (or is it 45?) anytime after halftime, game over. And it happens often.

11. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

It's 45. Happened to me last night. Kid scores a TD to go up 44-0, then fail on the two-point conversion (I was pissed). But, on the ensuing "drive," kid picked a pass and went 61 yds. untouched for the score. End game 50-0 with 10 minutes left in the contest.

12. Hah! 56-6, beeyotches!
    http://www.idahosports.com/Team/Schedule.html?sport=A&sd=SD151A

Draft saved Draft deleted