1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today should be a national holiday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Isn't everyday Steak and BJ day?

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Two games last night, but the gratis pizza shows up tonight at my shop!

rb

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

So who looks good in 4A this year, Chef? Fort Scott got anything? Pittsburg High?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hope the pizza shows up quicker than your area's contribution to the state high school scorelist.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

I'm on the western side of the state. Ulysses High will be pretty good again in 4A, along with Andale. Those two played the game of the year last season.

I do have a feeling I will be driving 90 miles tonight to broadcast a 62-6 drubbing.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Is it basketball season yet? I mean, you know, as excited as I am to watch our teams go a combined 8-1,192 ...

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Problem with our basketball teams out here are.......they all fucking suck.

Football can be entertaining to do, for the sole fact that they don't have any notion of how to play defense, and every game ends up 52-48.

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

We had one game last night (two actually, but the other was a night game in Hawaii so we had no shot at getting it)... so we're 0 for 1 making deadline.
    If you don't miss deadline the first prep football night, you can't miss deadline every prep football night.

10. http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/HomeSchool.mxp/SchoolID-eff8aa37-8a30-499a-8f4c-03e00df4b1ed

We are so all over Camas County tonight, yo.
    Go Trojans!
    Rah!

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I covered a game last night that took 3 hours for no apparent reason. A kid for each team rushed for 230-plus yards and I saw a great sequence of touchdowns: 77-yard touchdown run for Team A, 12 seconds later Team B returns kickoff 88 yards for a score, 13 seconds later Team A returns kickoff 87 yards for score.
    25 seconds 21 points. It was ridiculous.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

My game starts in 40 minutes. I should probably start kinda going there, shouldn't I?

Draft saved Draft deleted