1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in Old White Racist Columnists

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MisterCreosote, Apr 17, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'd actually like to read more of her work, but this newspaper is apparently like a shopper, nothing of hers is online.

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Nailed it. Far from declining. Escalating is more like it.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I know enough about this area of California to believe she is getting congratulations around town for having the courage to say what needs to be said.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

White privilege is suggesting with a straight face that the solution to the police shooting of a 22-year-old black man holding a cell phone in his own backyard is for black folks to hurry home before sundown.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is the equivalent of telling teenage girls not to get drunk at parties if they don't want to get raped.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, it's racism.

There are millions and millions of white people who have said privilege who'd never write what woman wrote.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's a short step from there to ...

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Every so often, we agree. Hell, I've been privileged in a million ways my whole long life. Never didn't use it, but I never thought I needed to step on other folks to keep it.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'll try to do better with the sarcasm next time. Sorry, fellas.

Draft saved Draft deleted