1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They do that because that is who they are. Police culture in America is toxic.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I wonder if you told cops you'd double their salary but they'd lose their civil service and union job protection if they'd take the deal. My guess is not.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I keep seeing discussion that the accident was caused by a high speed police pursuit and that they wanted the blood work as potential ammunition should be they be sued by the man who was injured. Has this been verified anywhere?

7. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Not even the comments section is buying this take.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Next time somebody feels like giving a contrarian opinion, they just shouldn't.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

One of my friends, a now-retired cop, has defended police in every controversial case. Tamir Rice, Philando Castile, you name it, he's on the cop's side.

Even he dropped out on this one.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Now THAT makes sense. The original SLPD assertion that it was "for the victim's protection" sounded like bullshit from the get-go.

12. Wapo:
    A Utah nurse’s violent arrest puts patient-consent law — and police conduct — in the spotlight

Draft saved Draft deleted