1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping for the wounded deputies to pull through. And thinking anyone celebrating the shooting or thinking this is the time and place to protest police misconduct - is beyond the pale.

But given its track record, people might want to hold off and see how this plays out before playing the antifa card. Just this year...

Former Deputy Arrested in Lancaster Shooting Hoax

Compton deputy alleges savage beating by member of LASD-based 'Executioner' gang

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So beginning of this encounter is not included nor is there an immediate description of the interaction beforehand but passenger gets his ass kicked after Lyft driver is pulled over.

And Tweeter corrects this is county not city of Clayton.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Lawyers said Walker and his family had just returned a rental car and had a friend take them back home. A unmarked Clayton County patrol car pulled over the driver for a broken tail light.

A cousin of Walker’s shared the video of what unfolded next on her Facebook page Friday afternoon.

Williams said deputies asked to see Walker’s license, even though he was the ride-share passenger and not the driver. Walker why he should have to show his ID when he wasn’t driving and wasn’t doing anything wrong.

“They became upset when he asked, ‘Why are you asking for my ID? I’m not driving and I haven’t done anything wrong,’” Williams said.

Sheriff fires Clayton County deputy seen pinning man during arrest in viral video

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Who knows if Antifa was involved or not, at this point, but if this is a hoax then the cops went to great lengths to stage it.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not saying it's a hoax, but I am saying the LASD isn't really known for its sterling rep. Am I alleging that the "Compton Executioners Gang" of deputies did this? No. But it does take the heat off of the department - particularly that sub-station.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The police chief of Hamilton, Texas, was arrested last weekend and charged with continuous sexual abuse of a child, which Texas law defines as at least two acts of sexual abuse within 30 days with a minor under the age of 14.

The cop in question lost the GOP primary for sheriff in his county in April.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article245718570.html

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It's terrible that two deputies got shot, but it doesn't make reporters fair game. And then allow PD to lie about the circumstances.

LA County Sheriffs Launch Investigation into KPCC Reporter Josie Huang’s Arrest, Footage Under Review

Los Angeles NPR station KPCC reporter Josie Huang was forced to the ground and arrested Saturday night while covering the ambush shooting of two Sheriff deputies.

... Video of the skirmish seen in the tweet below shows five deputies throwing Huang to the ground and handcuffing her as she repeatedly screamed “KPCC.” Her press credentials dangled from her neck as they moved her to the patrol car.

... Deputy Juanita Navarro of the Sheriff’s Information Bureau confirmed that Huang was taken into custody on suspicion of obstruction of justice by “interfering with a lawful arrest.” Huang countered, saying she was just reporting on the arrest of a protester. Although Navarro said Huang didn’t have proper press credentials at the time of her arrest, they can clearly be seen hanging from her neck in the video.

LA County Sheriffs Launch Investigation into KPCC Reporter Josie Huang’s Arrest, Footage Under Review (Video)

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure of the best thread for this.

Breonna Taylor settlement.

No arrests, no charges. Six months.

9. Spartan Squad

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The Riverside County Sheriff also could not refrain from being a dick. Sharing his sympathies would have been enough

Sheriff Chad Bianco
    Our hearts and prayers go out to the two Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies (and their families) ambushed in Compton last night. Someone’s daughter, wife and mother, and someones son and brother attacked by a cowardly piece of garbage.
    When politicians and so called media make heroes and martyrs out of criminals while demonizing the police, lies become truth, up becomes down, and wrong becomes right.
    I’ll sit by the TV and wait for these politicians, Hollywood hacks, athletes (entertainers) and TV show hosts to condemn this shooting. I think it will be a long wait.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

He's unfit to serve.

12. Spartan Squad

The savagery

Draft saved Draft deleted