1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

New toy! FUN FUN!!!

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

She is advocating killing cops here, right?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It certainly reads that way to me. A man's home is his castle, stand your ground, second amendment solutions, etc.

There is a part of me that thinks a couple of cops over the line dying in "good shoots" might be an effective warning shot.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Loesch might be the stupidest spokesperson on the right, and that's saying something with the dipshits running their mouths these days.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I mean, I don't know about you, but I always grab a pistol when someone is banging on my door in the middle of the night.

6. LongTimeListener

This case of Dallas cop Amber Guyger shooting Botham Jean in his own apartment is getting murky.

--Experts say the manslaughter charge is inadequate. Murder charge, not manslaughter, best fits Botham Jean case because Dallas officer intended to shoot, experts say | Courts | Dallas News

--Guyger says she inserted her key into the door, and because it was slightly ajar, she entered the apartment and then the confrontation began. But according to the Jean family's attorney, witnesses say they heard Guyger shouting "Let me in!" and pounding on the door. Victim's family disputes official account of the moments before Amber Guyger shot Botham Jean | Dallas Police | Dallas News

--Firefighter dispatch refers to a "security guard" shooting Jean based on the first 911 call. Guyger is believed to have made the first 911 call, although that recording hasn't been released. This has led to some speculation, though I haven't seen anything in a news story, that Guyger was moonlighting as a security guard at the apartment complex.

--The attorney says there were repeated noise complaints from Jean's downstairs neighbor ... who is Guyger. "In fact, there were noise complaints that very day about upstairs activity in Botham’s apartment. Botham received a phone call about noise coming from his apartment from the downstairs neighbor.” Did Amber Guyger kill Botham Shem Jean over noise?

--Social media photos of Guyger's family show her with a brother-in-law making signs that some are construing as white power signals. (He says no.) There's also Mom wearing an "All Lives Matter" T-shirt, but that seems pretty thin in terms of interpreting racist intent. Family of Dallas cop who fatally shot neighbor said they are not racist after photos surface on social media

This looks like it's going to get very bad. And the police who took (and perhaps helped her craft) her initial statement might regret that decision.

7. LongTimeListener

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wonder if they’ve searched the intruder cop’s place that thoroughly.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Are you fucking high?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There should be riots if this cop gets off. This is bullshit to the max. The mayor should fire the head of the PD right now.

12. LongTimeListener

Man, they are working hard to let her off. They wouldn’t even need a warrant to survey the crime scene. They only need a warrant if they’re looking for dirt.

Draft saved Draft deleted