1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. franticscribe

Early in my career, I was at a small community paper and on writing the cops briefs was part of my job. Learned about a DUI crash where the officers arrived and found the female driver wearing no pants and a dildo on the passenger seat next to her. She registered well over .15. The publisher wouldn't let me include those details, though. Too gratuitous.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Boo that publisher, boooooo.

Batman and Tweener like this.
  5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Ethan, remember when President Obama got shredded over his statement that a cop acted stupidly in arresting Professor Gates trying to enter his own home? Well I got police acting stupidly at my house right now!"
    --From Mission Possible: MAGA Nation

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

9. Just the facts ma am

Shoot him once in the knee before he can take a hostage. Once he does, bum rush him with tactical batons. Police get nice retirement benefits for courage, let them earn it.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Just the facts ma am

This homeless woman died not because a fellow homeless person cut her throat but because LAPD policy is shoot first, no questions after.

11. franticscribe

This post is unintentionally hilarious. Just shoot 'em in the knee! The real world is not a video game.

12. Just the facts ma am

A guy with a knife takes a woman hostage. The LAPD solution is to unleash a barrage of gunfire killing both the perp and the hostage. Not funny. Not right. Maybe they should have tried to talk to the mentally ill dude.

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted