1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

His 15-year-old son, Tyshawn, described him as a caring father who looked after him.
    “He’s always been there for me no matter what,” Tyshawn said. “He’d always come check up on me, ask me if I’m good.”
    "He cared for everybody. If you saw him, he’d always be in a laughing mood. You would never catch him down,” Tyshawn said.

Saheed Vassell: New York police release video of man pointing object before fatal shooting - CNN

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sacramento police issue new rules on muting body cameras - CNN

The order, issued last Wednesday, is effective immediately while the department updates its policy, Hahn told the city council as he answered questions on police procedures and police. Officers can mute or deactivate their body cameras when talking to a doctor, nurse or paramedic or when a victim or witness refuses to give a recorded statement, the police chief said.

Other instances include when working with sexual assault or rape and in extraordinary circumstances and only with a supervisor's approval, Hahn said. "Any time an officer deactivates or mutes their camera, they must now audibly record on that camera the reason for the deactivation and muting before ever muting," Hahn told the council.

Hahn said the department policy around the time of Clark's death addressed deactivation, but not specially muting the body cameras.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

She said she wanted to be scattered and smothered.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

And this is why we have Black Lives Matter. If they were more accountable and took responsibility when they were wrong I think people would be more understanding when things go wrong.

10. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted