1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LOL they're gonna get the Muslim cop who shot a white woman.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I remember teaching my son that the policeman was his friend. I can't imagine being black and trying to have that conversation.

My son stopped believing that when he was in the fifth grade, when we saw an off-duty cop slap around two teenagers who had bullied his kid. We didn't know he was a cop until I got called in as a witness. Joy.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

LOL. WTF is a "tool bar" besides an abstract intangible graphic feature? That's the only common usage meaning of that term I'm familiar with.

Please, cops, give us more detail on how you saw the guy holding one of those and thought your life endangered because of it.

What's next, cops claiming self defense because the dead guy had a Google in his hands?

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Now that you put it that way, though, the guy’s phone probably had a tool bar.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Actually it started as a gun before being downgraded to a tool bar.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I just hope to God the victim had a bag of skittles on him, for the police’s sake

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn shame. Once again, I ask, "why are you ratcheting up your senses to potential for bodily harm when its a complaint about window breaking?" Seriously, pull it back from the confrontation and think, what's even triggering the event? We're talking about a broken car window/expired car registration/tail light out and it ends in a shooting death? How about, let's let this go if we don't feel comfortable at all? Say "didn't see the perp, we're going to go back to patrolling for things WE SEE OR CAN CONFIRM?"

11. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Video's out.

WATCH: Stephon Clark Police Body Cam Video | Heavy.com

What is remarkable is how scared those two cops were to be there. So frightened that after killing the guy they would not approach the body for several minutes until backup arrived. Even after backup arrived they shouted repeatedly for the dead body to show his hands. Maybe if you are that scared of black people/neighborhoods you shouldn't be a cop

lakefront, melock and poindexter like this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Cops on social media share images all day with each other of routine stops and searches suddenly turning into shootouts.

Draft saved Draft deleted