1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To you ... we throw the torch (2010 sj.com CFB poll has a new owner)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jun 26, 2010.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Stupid me. I thought you needed it last Monday.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

In your first attempt, you're still ahead of BYH's performance over the last three years combined.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Another shout out to Slappy: Thanks for your efforts the last 3 years. Your weekly poll story was the thing I most anticipated every Monday.

Good luck, Coco, and thanks.

Boise State will be my preseason No. 2, and, after the Broncos beat the Hokies, my pick to win the BCS title game.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh, I might send a memo during the season to help him out, in the same way the owner of this place "helped" me...

Coco might want the week off from writing... it's a bear. I wish I had time to actually spend writing these each week. Once in a while, I'd work on it for a couple days before. Most of the time, it was thrown together on Monday afternoon.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Coco, I'll get you my poll no later then Sunday afternoon. It's done, but I'm going to go over it again to make sure I didn't put Eastern Michigan too high.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's a good idea because the poll is only open to Division I programs

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Slappy, I guess that's why I left Western Michigan out too.

Coco, you should have my poll.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dear would-be voters,
    Coco's a nice guy; I'm a prick.
    Send him your freakin ballot for the preseason poll on time; otherwise, if you aren't in the preseason poll, you aren't in for the season.
    Love,
    Slappy.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Ditto. This has always been an enjoyable part of football season. No pressure Coco.

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I'm in, thanks to Coco for dropping me a line and telling me I'm in. Excited to be back.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Votes are rolling in ... thanks to everyone for helping a math-challenged, first-time poll counter by getting the preseason picks in early (by and large).

Just waiting on four voters right now; check your PMs, and please have the ballots in by noon CDT tomorrow.

Poll results and story should be posted -- in a new thread -- midday.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Should have mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted